Let’s face it – not everyone wants to be or should be a Captain. Taking command and being responsible can be challenging. The good news is that there is plenty of room and demand for great followers and good teammates. If it weren’t for these good hearted and giving personalities, a Captain would be without a crew. But without a Captain these same people would have no Leader. So for all of you controllers out there, let’s discuss the benefits of being in charge.
1. Control – As Captain, you are in charge. From the moment The Salvation Army drops off your Kettle until they pick it up, you make all the decisions.
2. Branding – As Captain, you get to brand your Kettle with an 8 ½ x 11 logo sign. You can brand your team, your company, your office. It is your choice.
3. Choice of Location – As Captain, you select a location that suits you and your market. You want to ring where your clients shop.
4. Choice of Shift – As Captain, you get to choose whether you work a two hour shift or not. Your job is to fill the schedule. Many Captains put themselves on the schedule at a time that suits them while some Captains prefer to be the back-up to cover unexpected demands.
5. Choice of Ringers – As Captain, you fill the schedule with who you want. Remember you can have family, friends, co-workers, or affiliates ringing the bells at your branded Kettle.
For the Latest List of Available Kettles and Captain Opportunities, Visit: